Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve 2009

I've decided on which book of squares I want to make. I'm going to use Leisure Arts 63 Easy to Crochet Pattern Stitches Combine to Make an Heirloom Afghan. I know it's an old one, but in my effort to follow things through to completion in 2010, I need to start with this leaflet. I purchased it years ago and made a few of the squares, then stopped. So this time, I'm going to finish it! I'll let everyone follow my progress by posting pictures of each square as it's completed. I have some Red Heart Fleck that I'm going to use - I think it'll make a pretty afghan.



I recently finished a Hobo Bag - the pattern is from Lion Brand - the yarn is Peaches and Creme Cotton Yarn. I made some modifications to the pattern - the strap was too short to throw over my shoulder, so I added several additional rows. I don't have a problem completing everything I start, just some projects. I love to crochet, but tend to get bored, so I normally have several projects going on at once.




Another one of tho
se projects is this afghan. It's a black and yellow rectangle granny pattern made from Red Heart TLC Ultra Soft yarn. I love Red Heart yarn, but I do not like this yarn at all! It tends to split. I bought a huge amount of this yarn in black and yellow when a local craft store closed. My plan was to make an afghan for my queen size bed. I did finish it - it was granny squares and was really pretty and lightweight, so it was great for Southwest Florida. But it stretched like crazy! After washing and drying, I would place it on the bed and within two days, all sides were dragging on the ground. It was the incredible growing blanket! I eventually gave it to a neighbor who does animal rescues. But I still had a lot of the yarn remaining. I've made 2 smaller afghans - still need to list them on Etsy or Artfire - and have started the afghan pictured. This afghan will use up the last of the yarn - finally!

Everyone have a safe New Year's Eve and a wonderful 2010!












1 comment:

Netagene said...

Hey there! I found you on Carolyn's CAL blog! I love her patterns! I have the book that you posted the picture on 12/31. I lived in metro Tampa for about 30 years. Came back here because of elderly parents. I LOVE Ft. Myers - especially Edison's place! And I got to perform at the Chokoloskee Folk Festival one year! Became legally blind 6 years ago but with surgery am "high partial". Found out I can still crochet though when I was almost totally blind! I have a blog blindedbyinsight.blogspot.com but haven't figured out how to get comments or add my e-address to it! Netagene in Alabama